If you weren’t aware, Woocommerce has the ability to do this built in!
You don’t need a plugin to bulk add categories to products in Woocommerce!
I spent a few minutes today looking for a plugin that could do this and was not able to find an answer. So I looked around Woocommerce itself and tada! it’s already there. So if you’re like me and had no idea this was a thing, this is for you.
If you have a lot of products and don’t want to do this manually (I had 200 products on a client website), follow this quick and simple guide. Seriously, it’s very simple.
- Go to the list of products in the backend of WordPress/Woocommerce.
- Select all of the products you want to add a category to.
- Above the table of products, there’s a dropdown named “Bulk actions”
- Choose “Edit” then hit “Apply”
- A new section will open up and let you choose which category (or other details) you want to add to all the products you selected.